Rules & Regulations
The Rules and Regulations are also available for download as a PDF.
VGVWRA Rules and Regulations Document
These rules and regulations are to be followed by all members of the VGVWRA. Default of any rule or regulation may result in action taken in accordance with VGVWRA governing documents. For the purposes of enforcement of these Rules and Regulations, there are Level 1 and Level 2 Rules and Regulation classifications. The enforcement of these rules and regulations, as well as enforcement of the Restrictive Covenants, are specified in the VGVWRA Bylaws; article XI.
Level 1 Rules & Regulations (1-13): In addition to adherence of the articles set forth in the Declaration of Restrictive Covenants and Charge Upon The Land, the following rules and regulations shall be followed.
1. Use of all common property will cease at 8:00pm except for scheduled community activities.
2. Trash and recycle containers/bags must not be in public view 24 hours prior to and following the established day of trash removal. Trash stored on decks must be kept in cans. (“Public View” is defined as; a view from any Newberry Township Public Street or Sidewalk.”
3. Holiday decorations shall not be erected earlier than 30 days prior to any holiday and shall be taken down within 30 days following the end of the holiday.
4. Lawns/Shrubs/Trees: Lawns need to be mowed at regular intervals, maintaining a maximum height of six inches. Lawns that have died shall be reestablished within the next growing season. Planted beds must be weeded and maintained. Shrubbery must be neatly trimmed, and dead plant life and trees shall be removed from the property.
5. Basketball Goals and Courts: Basketball goals are acceptable subject to the following guidelines:
a. When not in use, the goal shall be stored near the house. It must at least be stored behind the public sidewalk.
b. When in use, basketball courts shall be solely within the owner’s driveway or yard.
c. Basketball goals are not permitted in the public street.
6. All vehicles must be parked in driveways, overflow parking lots, or parking spaces in front of homes. No vehicle may be parked other than in a designated parking area. No vehicle may be parked on a lawn or planted area.
7. Upon leaving the owner’s property, all pets must be restrained on a leash. No pets may be tied outside or otherwise remain outside unaccompanied on the owner’s property for a period longer than 30 minutes. No animals may be kept as outside pets.
8. All pet owners are required to pick up pet droppings from VGVW common grounds immediately after each occurrence.
9. All pet owners are required to clean up pet droppings on their own property in a timely manner to avoid strong odors and health issues.
10.Open fires on any property are prohibited.
11. No vehicle of any type or description, including but not limited to trucks, boats, recreational vehicles, etc. which is required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to be licensed by any license other than those prescribed for standard passenger vehicles and pick-up trucks up to a maximum of one-half ton capacity, may be parked anywhere on the premises. An exception is made for vehicles of visitors, workmen, etc., provided the excepted parking may not exceed seventy-two (72) hours, or the vehicle is stored inside the garage. Trailers of any type are prohibited from being on the property for more than (72) hours.
12. Design and Color Standards are as follows: Siding: Replacement of siding to exactly match original siding color and size does not require prior approval from the Association. Requests to change the color or style of the residence siding must be made in writing to the Board prior to such change and will be considered only if the proposed color or style change is compatible with colors predominant within the described premises. Bright colors shall be prohibited. Roofs: Replacement of a roof to match the original roof color does not require prior approval from the Association. Requests to change the color or style of a roof must be made in writing to the Board prior to such change and will be considered only if the proposed color change is compatible with rood colors predominant within the described premises. Individual replacement shingles shall be the same color and style as on the existing roof and do not require prior approval from the Association. Doors: Doors and shutters shall be painted in solid colors. Highly reflective and bright colors shall be prohibited. The Board retains final discretion to determine if a color is appropriate for a lot’s doors or shutters. In an effort to ensure the harmony and appearance of all residences, the following door/shutter color standard shall apply: The color of the front, exterior door and shutters shall be of the same color, or If the color of the front, exterior door is white/off-white, the shutters may be of a matching color, or If the color of the shutters is white/off-white, the front, exterior door may be of a matching color.
13. Architectural & Design Changes: Architectural and design changes to a property must be pre-approved by the VGVWRA Board of Directors. All architectural and design changes must comply with Newberry Township Codes and Ordinances.
Level 2 Rules & Regulations (14-20): In addition to adherence of the articles set forth in the Declaration of Restrictive Covenants and Charge Upon The Land, the following rules and regulations shall be followed.
14. Satellite dishes: Satellite Dishes may not exceed two feet in diameter or be placed on common property. The installation and use of satellite dishes must meet local, state, and federal regulations.
15. House numbers: House numbers are required on every home. House numbers must be able to be seen from the street and sidewalk and shall not exceed five inches in height.
16. Siding/Brick Surfaces: Exterior siding and brick surfaces shall be maintained in a clean manner, free from dirt, algae, and other debris.
17. Concrete Steps/Sidewalks: Concrete sidewalks and steps shall be maintained so as to avoid large cracks or holes and shall be maintained in a clean manner, free from dirt, algae, and other debris. During winter months, sidewalks shall be kept free of snow and ice.
18. Driveways & Parking: All driveways and parking areas must be maintained free of holes and large cracks. All driveways and parking areas shall be sealed to prevent deterioration.
19. Decks: Owners must maintain all decks free from algae and rotting, loose, damaged, or missing boards. In addition, all decks must be painted or stained (and re-done periodically to maintain a painted or stained finish).
20. Fences: All fences free from algae and rotting, loose, damaged, or missing boards. In addition, all wooden fences must be painted or stained (and re-done periodically to maintain a painted or stained finish).